How to Use a Long Putter
This tall, cool customer can also cure the yips
By Peter Krause
Top 100 Teacher
This story is for you if...
• You have the yips.
• You've always wanted to try a long putter...
• ...but have no idea how to use one.
2 of 3D2 Productions
A BELLY putter cures the yips because it takes your hands and wrists (the moving parts that cause the yips) out of your stroke. Here's how to use it.
1. Hold the grip in the palm of your right hand so the shaft is in line with your right forearm. Your right arm should be hanging fairly relaxed.
2. Hold the top of the grip with your left hand so that your left forearm is parallel with the ground.
3. Make your putting stroke with your shoulders while maintaining the angles in your right and left forearms that you established at setup.
3 of 3D2 Productions
You should feel like your left shoulder drops down going back and rises up in your follow-through, just like you're sweeping the kitchen floor.