1. Tiger. Hello, world. Again.
2. Rory. Big win for the kid, who has been a little wobbly since Congressional. If he can come back and steal the Race to Dubai, that would put an exclamation point on this breakthrough year.
3. Westy. Nice to see there's a little fight left in this old-timer. Some of his contemporaries are defined by the Masters (Tiger, Phil), some by the U.S. Open (Ernie, Retief), some by the British (Padraig.) Our man Westwood is defined by the Sun City Million Dollar Challenge!
4. UCLA women's golf. Five Bruins will play the LPGA next year: Ryann O'Toole, Tiffany Joh, Mariajo Uribe, Sydnee Michaels and Stephanie Kono. Amazingly, they all played on the same team!
5. Q-school. The tournament only a masochist could love. For sheer tension and display of human frailty, nothing in sports quite equals this stress-fest. It's absolutely riveting to watch.
1. Tiger's schedule. Now we have to wait til the end of the January for his next tourney…in freakin' Abu Dhabi.
2. "History." Luke Donald's quest to win both money titles is cool, but don't forget that Tiger would have already done it seven times if he'd bothered to become a Euro tour member. #RespectYourElders.
3. Rory's schedule. He's complaining of burnout. No duh. That's what you get with an utterly unnecessary season-ending cash-grab that takes you to five continents in 10 weeks. Just keep winning majors, lad, and they won't be able to print enough money for you.
4. Rich Beem, Lee Janzen, David Duval, Shaun Micheel. These major champions all washed out of Q-School, along with more than a dozen other PGA Tour winners, further proof that golf is sport's ultimate meritocracy….
5. …unless we're talking about Nick Watney. Dude finished DFL at the Chevron World Challenge and still "earned" $140,000. It must be nice to be part of the 1 percent.