1. Suzann Petterson. From head case to dominant force in less than a year. There's hope for you yet, Sergio!
2. Justin Leonard. J. Low is back in a big way, with another big final-round comeback to snag his third Texas Open. Memo to Captain Azinger: keep an eye on this guy.
3. Annika Sorenstam. The always classy Ms. 59 turned down a hastily arranged sponsor's invite to the Samsung World Championship because it would have bumped the more-deserving Sarah Lee from the field. You mean a professional golfer actually did something that was good for the tour but not for her personally? That would never happen on the PGA Tour.
4. Jesper Parnevik. Yeah, he blew a big lead on Sunday, but his topsy-turvy final round was some of the most entertaining golf of the year.
5. Fred Couples. Here's a nice little offering from Tiger Woods's third-annual fundraiser for his learning center: Couples promised to pick up the winning bidder in his jet for a round with Couples at Augusta National on the Sunday before the Masters. The winner will stay in Couples's house during tournament week and get tickets to the first three rounds. It could have been yours for $145,000.
1. Lorena Ochoa. I love that she's there every week, but she lost control of the Longs Drugs Challenge with a four-putt on the 12th hole of the final round. If she can tighten up these mistakes, she'll win a dozen times a year.
2. The Australian Open. This once-proud golf tournament plans to make the players parade around in a fashion show and will also give a daily award to the best-dressed player. What's next, cheerleaders in slinky outfits?
3. The Curtis Cup. This distinguished old tournament has asked Ian Poulter to design the uniforms for the 2008 Great Britain & Ireland team. Apparently, Liberace wasn't available.
4. Scott Hoch. He blamed his woozy finish at the Senior Players on vertigo. The symptoms began on the first playoff hole of the 1989 Masters.
5. Roger Clemens. First he pops his hammy, and now this: along with Johnny Bench, he is co-hosting the Johnny & The Rocket Celebrity Pro-Am at this week's Champions Tour stop. The guy is a glutton for punishment.