1. Suzann Pettersen.
2. Jim Thorpe.
3. Daniel Chopra.
4. Richard Nixon.
5. The Casio World Open.
1. Kevin Stadler. With one week left in this endless golf season, he was bumped from 125th on the money list to 127th. It's apt that the season finale has "Miracle" in the name, because Stadler and a handful of other scrubs are going to need one to keep their cards.
2. The Hole-in-one. A 14-year-old kid in Florida claims to have made three aces in one round, just the latest whopper involving what used to be a sacred part of the game. Next thing you know we'll find out the kid was using HGH.
3. Good taste. The PGA of America commissioned Leroy Neiman to do paintings of the current Ryder Cup captains. What, was Robert Kincaid considered too edgy?
4. John Daly. After a sporty third-round 79 at the Ginn sur Mer Classic, he withdrew for unspecified reasons, his sixth sixth! W/D of the year. He should get suspended a month for each bogus W/D.
5. Andrew Coltart. The one-time Ryder Cupper (and Lee Westwood's brother-in-law) is headed to Q School in Europe for the first time after 14 solid years on tour. That ought to make the holidays awkward, considering Westwood has won twice this year and is 10th on tour with nearly £1.5 million.