GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th hole at Augusta National during the second round of play. Can you identify the players in the fairway, at the far right side of the image in the distance? Can you tell whose bags are on the ground to the left of the green? Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Renee Skidmore
- Dave Pelz: Splash It Close With A Simple Swing
- Confidential: Will New Ryder Cup Task Force Help?
- Use the 'Belly Wedge' Like Sang-moon Bae
- Check Out Cleveland's CG Black Driver
- Ask the Rules Guy: Standing Water Within Bunker?
- Pitch It High, Land It Soft
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Natalie Gulbis
- Confidential: #TeamPhil or #TeamTom?
- Confidential: How to Get Excited for the New Season