GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th hole at Augusta National during the second round of play. Can you identify the players in the fairway, at the far right side of the image in the distance? Can you tell whose bags are on the ground to the left of the green? Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Deep Thoughts With Sergio Garcia
- Go Longer With the New Nike Covert Irons
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- 'In Conversation With' Preview: Richard Kind and David Morse
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!