GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th hole at Augusta National during the second round of play. Can you identify the players in the fairway, at the far right side of the image in the distance? Can you tell whose bags are on the ground to the left of the green? Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Was Phil Right to Knock Watson?
- Phil Knocks Watson's Strategy After Loss
- Ryder Cup Sunday in 60 Seconds
- Ryder Cup Day 3 Recap: Europe Keeps the Cup
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Morgan Pressel
- You Probably Didn't Know This About the First Ryder Cup
- Ryder Cup Saturday in 60 Seconds
- Ryder Cup Day 2 Recap: Europe Takes Control With 10-6 Lead
- Phil: 'We Also Don't Litigate Against Each Other'