GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th (map), foreground, and 9th greens (map), and the clubhouse (behind the massive oak). Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should Tiger Play Bay Hill or Wait for the Masters?
- Deep Thoughts With WGC-Cadillac Champion Patrick Reed
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- 'In Conversation With' Preview: Richard Kind and David Morse
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!