GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th (map), foreground, and 9th greens (map), and the clubhouse (behind the massive oak). Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Hit Greens Like Rose
- Rose wins, but Phil's loss will linger
- Merion: The Spiritual Home Of American Golf
- Phil on his 'heartbreaking' loss
- Final Round Highlights
- What happened to Tiger this week?
- How To Finish Like Ben Hogan
- U.S. Open Round 3 Highlights
- Phil: Sunday Could Be 'Something Special'
- Tiger Stumbles Again at the U.S. Open
- Tiger Explains His Sore Elbow
- Mickelson Confident Heading Into Weekend