GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 18th (map), foreground, and 9th greens (map), and the clubhouse (behind the massive oak). Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Rules: Ball Pops Out When Flag Is Removed
- Confidential: Is Being Tiger's Coach the Best or Worst Job in Golf?
- Gary Player: What Every Great Putter Agrees On
- Derek Ernst on His Favorite Courses and Prized Possessions
- Confidential: Is Tiger's Scandal Still Looming Over Him?
- Chris Como on Coaching Style and the Value of Instruction
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver