GigaPan is a collaborative project of the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute and NASA. To produce these images, a rotating robotic platform is attached to a digital camera that takes a series of photos, which are then stitched together with a unique software. SI's Fred Vuich used the technology to produce these photos from Augusta National.
Below, a view of the 16th hole at Augusta National during second round play. Use the controls on the image to zoom in and out.
Videos More Videos
- Our Dream Golf Destinations
- Embrace The Punch-And-Run
- Tour Confidential: Scottish Open vs. John Deere Death Match
- How To Escape A Pot Bunker
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Natalie Gulbis
- Stand Tall On Long Links Putts
- What's in Nick Watney's Bag?
- Stay Low On The Links
- 4 Changes The Tour Needs -- Now!
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Blair O'Neal