Argentineans, hot. Sergio, not
1. Tiger Woods. Hmm, the Masters is upon us and Woods is finding his game. Coincidence? I think not.
2. Lorena Ochoa. She is now officially the Hot List's favorite golfer sweeter than Jolt Cola off the course, a cold-blooded killer between the ropes.
3. Skip Kendall. The gritty, gutty Badger got his first W in 13 years, at the Nationwide Tour's Chitimacha Louisiana Open. Here's hoping he makes it back to the PGA Tour, because Corey Pavin misses having someone look up to him.
4. Argentineans. Jose Coceres is the leading contender for PGA Tour comeback player of the year, and last week Daniel Vancsik blew away the field at the Madeira Islands Open, becoming the ninth Argentinean to win on the European tour. Maybe that's what's wrong with young American golfers not enough chimichurri sauce.
5. Suzann Petterson. One of the LPGA's most natural athletes is finally injury-free and without that weird hitch at the top of the backswing, and her dazzling final round at the Safeway was evidence of her vast potential. I'm hoping she wins soon just so we find out what profanity she'll use in the champion's interview.
1. Sergio Garcia. What was more pathetic: Sergio hocking a loogey into the hole or his bratty indignation that the rest of us might be grossed-out? Grow up, pal.
2. Augusta National. Bobby Jones envisioned a wide-open canvas that would encourage artistic expression, but with the rough and all the new trees, the National has become tighter, longer, more penal and more boring. Ergo, the home of the Masters plunged to 10th in GolfWeek's latest rankings of America's best courses.
3. Mark O'Meara. Tiger decided he couldn't have a best friend with only two majors, so he upgraded to Roger Federer.
4. Annika Sorenstam. She's now been stuck on 69 career wins for nearly seven months. Of course, it would be just like her to get off the schneid at the Dinah Shore.
5. Ernie Els. In great position at Doral to get his first Tour win since 2004, Easy played the final 27 holes in four over par then got blown away by Tiger at the Tavistock Cup. It's been almost two years since Els hurt his knee what's his excuse now?