Maybe you thought you were paying attention to golf in 2007, but this Killer Year-End Quiz says you probably weren't. You've got a good chance to go low with this Quiz as in, not get many correct. Go ahead and test your memory, if you dare...
THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE TRIVIAL
1. Why did CBS golf commentator Ian Baker-Finch fall to the ground while standing at Westchester Country Club's 18th green during the Barclays?
a. He was dodging a FedEx Cup leaderboard that suddenly toppled.
b. He was scared by a flash of lightning.
c. He was hit in the jaw by a ball hit by Rich Beem.
d. He was hit in the jaw by Gary McCord.
2. What was Bill Murray driving when Stockholm police officers stopped him after the Scandanavian Masters and asked him to take a breathalyzer test?
a. Golf cart
3. Whose home did John Daly stay at while competing in the Buick Open in Grand Blanc, Mich.?
a. Smokey Robinson
b. Ted Nugent
c. Lil Bow-Wow
d. Kid Rock
4. What was 17-handicapper Wayne Gretzky's response when his Canadian Open pro-am partner, Cristie Kerr, presented him with a pre-tournament gift of two dozen golf balls?
a. "Did you already wolf down the other dozen?"
b. "My god, you remind me of Mark Messier."
c. "You've got balls."
d. "I only need three."
5. On the Sunday morning before the U.S. Senior Open's final round, what did Curtis Strange present to the chief of the local 22-member volunteer fire department in Haven, Wisc., which is headquartered just up the road from Whistling Straits?
a. An envelope with $3,500 in cash.
b. The driver that Craig Stadler tried to toss in Lake Michigan the day before.
c. Twenty-two Milwaukee Brewers season tickets.
d. An autographed box of matches.
6. Who attended the inaugural AT&T National at Congressional Country Club and gave hugs to Phil Mickelson and Brad Faxon, among others?
a. Bill Clinton
b. Hillary Clinton
c. Condoleezza Rice
d. Dick Cheney
7. How did European Tour player Bradley Dredge describe losing the Welsh Open in his native country after he bogeyed the 72nd hole?
a. "Another jammy dodger in the pantaloons, old boy."
b. "A bit of a chum-muffery, I'm afraid."
c. "I didn't break my duck. I reckon the punters will have a go at some bangers."
d. "I really feel this is a kick in the nuts."
8. Tiger Woods said it was 'pretty neat' to have 'probably the most dominant athlete on the planet' in his gallery during the WGC-CA at Doral. Who was he talking about?
a. Tracy McGrady
b. Roger Federer
c. Tom Brady
d. Tim Herron
9. Rob Lowe hit an approach shot that killed a goldfinch during the Principal Charity Classic Pro-Am in West Des Moines, Iowa. What did he say afterward?
a. "Who comes here and kills the state bird? Only me."
b. "At least I didn't shoot anybody in the face."
c. "That's the worst thing I've seen in golf since Jean Van de Velde."
d. "I've always loved birds. They're delicious."
10. After Tom Watson won the Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am near Tampa, his first victory in Florida in 94 tournaments, who commemorated the occasion by joking, 'I'd just like to congratulate Tom Watson, a guy I always thought was a total loser, for proving me wrong.'
a. Jack Nicklaus
b. Jimmy Kimmel
c. Bill Murray
d. Chris Rock
11. How did Brandt Snedeker describe shooting 61 at Torrey Pines during the Buick Championship?
a. "I felt like Tiger Woods just loaned me his Buick."
b. "I felt like I was playing (as) Tiger Woods on PlayStation."
c. "If you ever saw 'Tin Cup,' that was me today."
d. "Did I beat Tiger? Good, that makes once."
12. What did tournament host George Lopez have set up on the practice range at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic?
a. Krispy Kreme doughnuts
b. In-N-Out Burgers
c. Taco Bell chalupas
d. Bob Hope
13. What did Tony Soprano receive from his wife as a birthday gift during the final season of HBO's The Sopranos?
a. A round of golf with Johnny Miller.
b. A golf cart customized to look like a Rolls Royce.
c. A round at Augusta National.
d. A set of golf clubs.