NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by a panel consisting of personnel from GOLF Magazine, and may include a representative from the Dave Pelz Scoring Game School ("Pelz Golf"), based on the following criteria: Perceived enthusiasm by the entrant to claim his or her personal major (33 1/3%); creativity in describing the major and the desire to win it (33 1/3%); and the level of effort dedicated to answers (33 1/3%). In the event of a tie, an additional "tie-breaker" judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by telephone or email.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia ("Entrant(s)") age 21 and older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Pelz Golf, their respective promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
4. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive: (a) one three-day enrollment in the Dave Pelz Scoring Game School (located within the 48 contiguous United States), which includes accommodations, transportation and food/beverage stipend for one person (all such elements to be selected by GOLF Magazine), (b) a preparation session with Dave Pelz on the course where the winner's "Major" will be played (located within the 48 contiguous United States), which includes accommodations and transportation (if the course is not located in winner's city of residence or within 60 miles thereof) and food/beverage stipend for one person (all such elements to be selected by GOLF Magazine), subject to change in the event that such course is not available for the desired periods, (c) two (2) nontransferable grounds pass tickets to attend all four days of one (1) of the four men's professional major golf tournaments in 2011 (the Masters, the U.S. Open, the PGA, and or the British Open), to be selected by GOLF Magazine, which does not include accommodations, transportation or food/beverage, (d) one set of four Pelz-branded wedges (custom fit at the Dave Pelz Scoring Game School), and (e) one Pelz Odyssey O-Ball putter (custom fit at the Dave Pelz Scoring Game School), plus twelve O-Balls. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: $10,000. Four (4) Runner-Up Winners will each receive: (a) a ten-year subscription to GOLF Magazine, and (b) one enrollment for a one-day Dave Pelz Scoring Game Clinic. ARV of each Runner-Up Prize: $1,000. Dates and locations of the Dave Pelz Scoring Game School and Clinic, and preparation session, are subject to scheduling and availability. The Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or another goods or services. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The prize is awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind. Limit one prize per person or household.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor's sole discretion. Nothing in these Official Rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any writing, designs and other materials submitted as part of Entrant's Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such writing, designs and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor and Pelz Golf a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant's submitted writing, designs and other materials, along with Entrant's name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winner, and parent or legal guardian where the Potential Winner has not reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the writing, design and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor, Pelz Golf and their agencies to use Winner's name and/or likeness, biographical information, and/or entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor, Pelz Golf and their respective affiliates, and each of their respective promotional partners, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to any principles which would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City and County of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER'S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after August 1, 2010, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to What's Your Major Contest Winner, c/o: GOLF Magazine, 11th Fl., 135 W. 50th Street, New York, NY 10020, Attn: Ask Pelz.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is GOLF Magazine, 135 W. 50th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10020.