Can $20 buy you a better swing?
Twenty dollars is roughly the cost of a sleeve of balls and a glove the two most common purchases at the check-in register before teeing off. Instead of opting for that day's bargains, follow Top 100 Teacher Jon Tattersall's buying tips for finding a glove that improves your control and a ball that maximizes your performance off the tee and around the greens.
More tips from Top 100 teachers to improve your game
• Grip basics
• Try a split grip for better accuracy
• Perfect short game and putting grips
• How to check for a perfect grip
• Smart (and fast) ways to buy golf equipment
• How to choose your best ball
• Six new golf balls to match your game