From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (May, 2012)
Category: Game-Improvement Hybrids
Price: $129, graphite
WE TESTED: FY (19.5°), 3h (21°), 4h (24°), 5h (27°), 6h (30°) with UST Mamiya Proforce VTS graphite shaft; FY (19.5°), 3h (21°), 4h (24°), 5h (27°), 6h (30°) with Half + Half graphite/steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: Rails along the sole shift mass low and deep for added head stability. The “3-zone face” technology is designed to boost ball speeds on heel or toe hits. A rocker sole creates added playability from various lies.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Long-hitting, workmanlike hybrids without a lot of flash.
PLAYABILITY: High, consistent, slight right-to-left flight; higher lofts are serviceable from the fairway, lower lofts work off the tee on short par 4s.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: These cover up directional misses well.
DISTANCE: Long, true results on well-struck shots.
FEEL: Well-balanced clubs tell you where the head is during the swing; firm, responsive “click” at impact.
LOOK: More of a fairway wood look than most hybrids; substantial head with clean lines and no distractions.
Many guys want more help distance wise on mis-hits; heads don’t cut through rough as easily as some others; bi-material shaft not a big hit.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Renee Skidmore
- Dave Pelz: Splash It Close With A Simple Swing
- Confidential: Will New Ryder Cup Task Force Help?
- Use the 'Belly Wedge' Like Sang-moon Bae
- Check Out Cleveland's CG Black Driver
- Ask the Rules Guy: Standing Water Within Bunker?
- Pitch It High, Land It Soft
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Natalie Gulbis
- Confidential: #TeamPhil or #TeamTom?
- Confidential: How to Get Excited for the New Season