From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (May, 2012)
Category: Game-Improvement Hybrids
Price: $199, graphite
WE TESTED: 2H (17°), 3H (19°), 4H (22°), 5H (25°) with Fujikura Exotics Blur 75 graphite shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The light, thin maraging steel cup face helps to launch shots with more speed and less spin. The heavy tungsten-steel sole shifts mass to the rear heel and toe. Two internal weight pads contribute to improved energy transfer, sound and feel. The radius sole limits ground contact for more solid, repeatable strikes.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Highest rated hybrid in its class. A long hitting alternative to fairway woods. It ranks among the best in all categories.
PLAYABILITY: High, penetrating flight; nimble performer from a variety of lies; easy to elevate and shape, if necessary.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Produces controlled, on-target shots; mis-hits keep you in the fairway.
DISTANCE: Hot face fires bullets off the tee; several testers get 5 to 10 yards more on solid hits than with their own; heel contact costs little length.
FEEL: Plenty of feedback at impact tells you immediately if you striped it; head feels substantial throughout the swing.
LOOK: Compact head with smooth lines and a teardrop shape; black crown and silver face make it easy to align.
Mis-hits can be a little rough on the hands; the grip and busy shaft don’t match the toned-down head.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English