From Golf Magazine (October, 2012)
Designed for: Low- and mid-handicappers
The multi-material Anser is engineered to deliver the feel and look of a forged blade with the forgiveness of a cavity-back iron. The club boasts a soft, forged 8620 carbon steel body with a 40-gram tungsten-nickel sole weight and hollow cavity inside the head. This combo shifts the center of gravity (CG) more rearward to increase inertia and to produce a higher ball flight than a traditional muscleback. Its hollow cavity also redirects impact stresses away from the face, to enhance feel. The rear cavity has “progressive support bars”—short-iron bars are taller, wider and more vertical to reduce vibration and create lower launch, whereas the long-iron bars are shorter, thinner and more horizontal to lower the CG for higher launch.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Should Watson Pick Tiger for the Ryder Cup?
- Rory McIlroy: What's In My Bag
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Blair O'Neal
- Graeme McDowell's Driving Tips
- British Open Sunday in 60 Seconds
- British Open Thoughts With Will Ferrell
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer
- British Open 2014: Rory's Hard-Earned Win and Sergio's Missed Chance