Category: Blade Putters
WE TESTED: 34”, 35” shaft length
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The ProType Tour (it replaces Black Series Tour) has a forged, milled 1025 carbon steel head (same as Black Series Tour). It also has a thin, flat topline and beveled leading edge. The thick face provides a solid sound, and the deep, sharp mill pattern on the face is designed to improve roll and consistency.
OUR TESTERS SAY: One of the higher rated putters. Great feedback leads to great distance control.
DISTANCE CONTROL: A real joy on long lag putts—excellent speed control; generous weighting on the heel and toe keeps balls from going off line.
FEEL: Very responsive, superb feedback—the ball comes off the face with exceptional clarity; the milled face makes the ball release consistently and promotes a smooth roll; heavy head leads to a fluid stroke.
LOOK: Classic-looking blade with a classy, glare-resistant, silver satin finish and one simple, bright black alignment line.
A few testers find that putts can go left because the toe seems to close down from time to time; surprisingly, feedback might be a little too crisp for a small handful of better players.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Chris Como on Coaching Style and the Value of Instruction
- Was Hack Golf a Failure?
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver
- Rotate For Straighter Shots
- The Shop: Cleveland CG Black Irons
- Deep Thoughts: Brittany Lang on Her Idol and Greatest Accomplishments
- Help Wanted! Why Adam Scott's Caddie Will Have Golf's Best Gig
- Tour Confidential: Is Bubba More Popular Than Rickie?