From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Irons
Price: $899, steel
WE TESTED: 3-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The “4D Muscle” design creates a consistent sweet spot height from club to club for a repeatable, penetrating flight. The updated sole enhances workability through trailing edge relief while maintaining effective bounce.
OUR TESTERS SAY: A forged player’s club that’s ideal for shotmakers. It stands out in terms of playability and look.
PLAYABILITY: These sticks can shape any shot and any trajectory you can think of; the clubhead cuts through rough and trouble lies nicely.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Covers up directional misses fairly well; deadly accurate when hit on the button.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Solid strikes produce expected carry lengths; they fly exact distances with a precise flight.
FEEL: The ball seems to stay on the clubface an extra millisecond and it feels soft; the feeling of the club interacting with the turf is quite good.
LOOK: Clean and handsome at address; classic, pure and easy to set up square; as nice as any Mizuno irons before it.
Long irons aren’t too friendly; very thin topline can be intimidating at address.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Make More Putts With The Proper Thumb Position
- How To Blast It Like Bubba
- Hack Golf: Could a 15-Inch Cup Save Golf?
- Masters 2014: Why You Should Believe in Bubba Watson
- Bubba's Hilarious Response to Question About Last Year's Masters
- Jordan Spieth on Masters Runner-Up Finish: "It Stings"
- A Mechanic Win Would Alter Golf History
- No Asterisk Necessary
- How To Hit Those Masters Shots That Fly Long and High Then Land Soft
- Confidential: Biggest Masters Heartbreaks