From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Irons
Price: $899, steel
WE TESTED: 3-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The “4D Muscle” design creates a consistent sweet spot height from club to club for a repeatable, penetrating flight. The updated sole enhances workability through trailing edge relief while maintaining effective bounce.
OUR TESTERS SAY: A forged player’s club that’s ideal for shotmakers. It stands out in terms of playability and look.
PLAYABILITY: These sticks can shape any shot and any trajectory you can think of; the clubhead cuts through rough and trouble lies nicely.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Covers up directional misses fairly well; deadly accurate when hit on the button.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Solid strikes produce expected carry lengths; they fly exact distances with a precise flight.
FEEL: The ball seems to stay on the clubface an extra millisecond and it feels soft; the feeling of the club interacting with the turf is quite good.
LOOK: Clean and handsome at address; classic, pure and easy to set up square; as nice as any Mizuno irons before it.
Long irons aren’t too friendly; very thin topline can be intimidating at address.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Rory McIlroy Wants To Keep PGA Championship in U.S.
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf