From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Irons
Price: $899, steel
WE TESTED: 3-PW with True Temper Dynamic Gold steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The “4D Muscle” design creates a consistent sweet spot height from club to club for a repeatable, penetrating flight. The updated sole enhances workability through trailing edge relief while maintaining effective bounce.
OUR TESTERS SAY: A forged player’s club that’s ideal for shotmakers. It stands out in terms of playability and look.
PLAYABILITY: These sticks can shape any shot and any trajectory you can think of; the clubhead cuts through rough and trouble lies nicely.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Covers up directional misses fairly well; deadly accurate when hit on the button.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Solid strikes produce expected carry lengths; they fly exact distances with a precise flight.
FEEL: The ball seems to stay on the clubface an extra millisecond and it feels soft; the feeling of the club interacting with the turf is quite good.
LOOK: Clean and handsome at address; classic, pure and easy to set up square; as nice as any Mizuno irons before it.
Long irons aren’t too friendly; very thin topline can be intimidating at address.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Hit Greens Like Rose
- Rose wins, but Phil's loss will linger
- Merion: The Spiritual Home Of American Golf
- Phil on his 'heartbreaking' loss
- Final Round Highlights
- What happened to Tiger this week?
- How To Finish Like Ben Hogan
- U.S. Open Round 3 Highlights
- Phil: Sunday Could Be 'Something Special'
- Tiger Stumbles Again at the U.S. Open
- Tiger Explains His Sore Elbow
- Mickelson Confident Heading Into Weekend