From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
This black bomber—12.5° loft, 240cc head (significantly larger than other fairway woods), 45-inch shaft (equivalent to many drivers) and a total weight of 270 grams (similar to ultra-light drivers)—is built to max out distance from fairway lies. Of course, given its extra-long fairway-wood shaft, consistency could be an issue for some players.
The 2-wood has an ultra-light 50-gram Grafalloy Blackbird shaft and 25-gram Winn “Shorty” grip, so you have to use every inch of the club (there’s no choking down). Its face curvature (aka “bulge and roll”) is positioned lower to increase launch on shots struck above or below the centerline of the clubface.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Play Like The Pros: Here's How To Take A Low Round To The House
- Deep Thoughts: Chris Kirk on Guts and Guitars