From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
This black bomber—12.5° loft, 240cc head (significantly larger than other fairway woods), 45-inch shaft (equivalent to many drivers) and a total weight of 270 grams (similar to ultra-light drivers)—is built to max out distance from fairway lies. Of course, given its extra-long fairway-wood shaft, consistency could be an issue for some players.
The 2-wood has an ultra-light 50-gram Grafalloy Blackbird shaft and 25-gram Winn “Shorty” grip, so you have to use every inch of the club (there’s no choking down). Its face curvature (aka “bulge and roll”) is positioned lower to increase launch on shots struck above or below the centerline of the clubface.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Hall of Fame Criteria
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Renee Skidmore
- Check Out Cleveland's CG Black Driver
- Use the 'Belly Wedge' Like Sang-moon Bae
- Dave Pelz: Splash It Close With A Simple Swing
- Confidential: Will New Ryder Cup Task Force Help?
- Ask the Rules Guy: Standing Water Within Bunker?
- Pitch It High, Land It Soft
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Natalie Gulbis