From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
This black bomber—12.5° loft, 240cc head (significantly larger than other fairway woods), 45-inch shaft (equivalent to many drivers) and a total weight of 270 grams (similar to ultra-light drivers)—is built to max out distance from fairway lies. Of course, given its extra-long fairway-wood shaft, consistency could be an issue for some players.
The 2-wood has an ultra-light 50-gram Grafalloy Blackbird shaft and 25-gram Winn “Shorty” grip, so you have to use every inch of the club (there’s no choking down). Its face curvature (aka “bulge and roll”) is positioned lower to increase launch on shots struck above or below the centerline of the clubface.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Rory McIlroy Wants To Keep PGA Championship in U.S.
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf