From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
This black bomber—12.5° loft, 240cc head (significantly larger than other fairway woods), 45-inch shaft (equivalent to many drivers) and a total weight of 270 grams (similar to ultra-light drivers)—is built to max out distance from fairway lies. Of course, given its extra-long fairway-wood shaft, consistency could be an issue for some players.
The 2-wood has an ultra-light 50-gram Grafalloy Blackbird shaft and 25-gram Winn “Shorty” grip, so you have to use every inch of the club (there’s no choking down). Its face curvature (aka “bulge and roll”) is positioned lower to increase launch on shots struck above or below the centerline of the clubface.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Should Watson Pick Tiger for the Ryder Cup?
- Rory McIlroy: What's In My Bag
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Blair O'Neal
- Graeme McDowell's Driving Tips
- British Open Sunday in 60 Seconds
- British Open Thoughts With Will Ferrell
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer
- British Open 2014: Rory's Hard-Earned Win and Sergio's Missed Chance