From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Game-Improvement Irons
Price: $899, steel (set of 7); $999, graphite
WE TESTED: 3-PW with Miyazaki C. Kua 59 graphite shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The combination of a lightweight grip and Miyazaki C. Kua 59 graphite shaft promotes greater clubhead speeds and distance for slow to moderate swingers. A high-strength titanium face bolsters ball speeds, while laser-milled “Tour Zip” grooves optimize spin and distance control.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Straight shooters. A good option for someone who struggles to break 90 and could use a more forgiving set.
PLAYABILITY: A booming trajectory that works well when attacking tight pin locations; the thick, weighty sole is a versatile performer from junk lies.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Generous sweet zone covers up big misses.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Above-average length on toe and heel hits; adequate on solid hits.
FEEL: Very soft, cushy feel at impact; lightweight graphite shaft promotes smooth, languid tempo.
LOOK: Dark finish blends seamlessly with generous game-improvement features; heavy offset and large hitting area should inspire confidence at address for slicers.
Significant perimeter weighting and offset limit shotmaking; clubs minimize feedback; light graphite shafts can be difficult to swing under control for stronger swingers.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Rory McIlroy Wants To Keep PGA Championship in U.S.
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf