From GOLF Magazine (November, 2012)
Price: $119, steel
Cleveland’s Rotex (RTX) face showcases three technologies designed to boost spin in various playing conditions. First, Tour Zip U-grooves are 16 percent larger (by volume) than those in the existing 588 series wedges. Second, rougher, more durable laser-milled micro grooves on the surface of the face increase friction against the ball. Third, the Rotex milling process—which forms semicircular, downward-oriented marks—creates additional roughness on the face for maximum spin on short scoring shots. In fact, the mill marks are oriented perpendicular to the ball moving up the face on open-face shots. Lastly, the cavity back (CB) design spreads additional weight to the perimeter for more forgiveness on slight mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Graeme McDowell's Driving Tips
- Confidential: Should Watson Pick Tiger for the Ryder Cup?
- Rory McIlroy: What's In My Bag
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer: Blair O'Neal
- British Open Sunday in 60 Seconds
- British Open Thoughts With Will Ferrell
- Hot Tip From A Hot Golfer
- British Open 2014: Rory's Hard-Earned Win and Sergio's Missed Chance