From GOLF Magazine (November, 2012)
Price: $119, steel
Cleveland’s Rotex (RTX) face showcases three technologies designed to boost spin in various playing conditions. First, Tour Zip U-grooves are 16 percent larger (by volume) than those in the existing 588 series wedges. Second, rougher, more durable laser-milled micro grooves on the surface of the face increase friction against the ball. Third, the Rotex milling process—which forms semicircular, downward-oriented marks—creates additional roughness on the face for maximum spin on short scoring shots. In fact, the mill marks are oriented perpendicular to the ball moving up the face on open-face shots. Lastly, the cavity back (CB) design spreads additional weight to the perimeter for more forgiveness on slight mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Who's The Best Player Right Now?
- Better By Saturday: Lou Guzzi's Chopping Wood Drill
- How To Add Freedom To Your Swing For Better Ball-Striking