From GOLF Magazine (November, 2012)
Price: $119, steel
Cleveland’s Rotex (RTX) face showcases three technologies designed to boost spin in various playing conditions. First, Tour Zip U-grooves are 16 percent larger (by volume) than those in the existing 588 series wedges. Second, rougher, more durable laser-milled micro grooves on the surface of the face increase friction against the ball. Third, the Rotex milling process—which forms semicircular, downward-oriented marks—creates additional roughness on the face for maximum spin on short scoring shots. In fact, the mill marks are oriented perpendicular to the ball moving up the face on open-face shots. Lastly, the cavity back (CB) design spreads additional weight to the perimeter for more forgiveness on slight mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Play Like The Pros: Here's How To Take A Low Round To The House
- Deep Thoughts: Chris Kirk on Guts and Guitars