From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (April, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Irons
Price: $799, steel; $999, graphite
WE TESTED: 4-PW with True Temper M-10 XP steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: RAZR technology shifts weight lower and deeper in the head and provides greater forgiveness and accuracy. An integrated clubface/undercut cavity design allows for optimal CG locations and faster ball speeds.
OUR TESTERS SAY: A forgiving iron with plenty of offset that mid-handicappers could play.
PLAYABILITY: Provides a relatively high ball flight and is quite easy to hit right-to-left; long irons get shots airborne with ease.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Quite accurate and easy to hit on line; mishits get a lot of help, especially toe hits.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Fairly consistent distances, with a reasonable gap between clubs.
FEEL: Very stable through impact due to ample weight; surprisingly soft, slightly muted sensation on solid hits.
LOOK: The large sole and cavity are well hidden at address; compact head and dark finish are a good blend of tradition and fashion.
Too much offset for many testers in this category; the finish seems to wear off the face, which is off-putting to some; impact feel lacks excitement.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- PGA Tour Confidential: Can Tiger Woods Still Close?
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Dave Pelz: Roll Putts Fast ... Or Try Dying
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- The Lighter Side Of Tiger Woods
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English