From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (May, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Fairway Woods
WE TESTED: 3 (15°), 5 (18°) with RAZR Fit graphite shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The OptiFit hosel allows for customized fitting (open, square or closed clubface), while “Variable Face” technology produces a larger effective hitting area for faster ball speeds and greater distance. The heattreated stainless steel construction provides greater strength and better acoustics.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Playable from the tee and fairway with a healthy dose of distance.
PLAYABILITY: Reasonably easy to execute draws and fades from the tee and short grass; cuts through rough surprisingly well; low-profile head allows optimal contact from tough lies.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Solid strikes hold a tight line to the target.
DISTANCE: Majority of testers find it to be as long or a bit longer than their current model; most off-center hits don’t lose significant distance.
FEEL: Pleasing crispness on solid shots; clubhead maintains stability through impact on most swings.
LOOK: Compact, low-profile head with minimal graphics looks like it can get into tight spaces easily.
Some testers find that it’s not as forgiving as other models; a few guys see noticeable distance loss on mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should Tiger Play Bay Hill or Wait for the Masters?
- Rolling Better Putts with Dave Stockton
- Deep Thoughts With WGC-Cadillac Champion Patrick Reed
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!