From Golf Magazine ClubTest 2012 (May, 2012)
Category: Better-Player Fairway Woods
WE TESTED: 3 (15°), 5 (18°) with RAZR Fit graphite shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The OptiFit hosel allows for customized fitting (open, square or closed clubface), while “Variable Face” technology produces a larger effective hitting area for faster ball speeds and greater distance. The heattreated stainless steel construction provides greater strength and better acoustics.
OUR TESTERS SAY: Playable from the tee and fairway with a healthy dose of distance.
PLAYABILITY: Reasonably easy to execute draws and fades from the tee and short grass; cuts through rough surprisingly well; low-profile head allows optimal contact from tough lies.
ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Solid strikes hold a tight line to the target.
DISTANCE: Majority of testers find it to be as long or a bit longer than their current model; most off-center hits don’t lose significant distance.
FEEL: Pleasing crispness on solid shots; clubhead maintains stability through impact on most swings.
LOOK: Compact, low-profile head with minimal graphics looks like it can get into tight spaces easily.
Some testers find that it’s not as forgiving as other models; a few guys see noticeable distance loss on mis-hits.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Play Like The Pros: Here's How To Take A Low Round To The House
- Deep Thoughts: Chris Kirk on Guts and Guitars