From GOLF Magazine (Buyer's Guide, May 2009)
It's for: All skill levels
Dr. Alan Hocknell, VP of Innovation and Advanced Design, Callaway Golf: "Our new 'Edge' technology helps players close the face at impact, which transfers maximum power to the ball."
How it works: The aforementioned "Edge" technology moves mass more to the perimeter, or edge, of the clubhead. This means higher MOI for increased stability through the hitting zone. Translation: Straighter, more forgiving shots. Diablo fairway woods come in Neutral (smaller size, neutral weight placement) or Draw (added mass toward the heel) to match your shot-shape requirements. Lastly, varying the face thickness should increase efficiency with misses.
From Sports Illustrated Golf+ Equipment Issue (February 8, 2010)
• The longest, straightest fairway woods created by Callaway.
• Dramatically hotter face for faster ball speeds and maximum distance.
• Tour models with full hosel, less face progression and compact head shapes.
• Buy Callaway Big Bertha Diablo fairway woods | Buy Callaway clubs
• The Shop blog: Callaway pros and clubs
• More on the Callaway Big Bertha Diablo fairway woods: Golf.com | callawaygolf.com