From GOLF Magazine ClubTest 2012 (June, 2012)
WE TESTED: 52° (loft)/9.5° (bounce), 56°/12°, 60°/11.5° with True Temper DG Spinner steel shaft
KEY TECHNOLOGIES: The “variable bounce” sole design places less bounce in the heel and toe areas for added shotmaking versatility. Its milled face adds surface roughness for more spin. The True Temper DG (Dynamic Gold) Spinner shaft enhances spin, too.
OUR TESTERS SAY: A nice combination of good looks and pleasing feel.
PLAYABILITY: Easy to vary trajectory from the short grass; sole design performs well on half- and three-quarter swings; very good around the greens.
DISTANCE CONTROL: Consistent yardages on solid shots from the fairway; ample backspin stops shots quickly; they’re as long as you need when struck well.
FEEL: Nimble, well balanced sticks
throughout the swing; lively clubface at impact; very responsive on short shots around the green.
LOOK: Professional, high-quality finish; traditional shape sits nicely next to ball.
Some testers don’t find it to be the best from the sand; dark finish wears off quickly; impact feel is not as soft as some others.
From Golf Magazine (December, 2011)
Constructed from soft 8620 carbon steel to provide Tour-level feel and feedback around the greens, the J40 features Bridgestone’s “variable bounce” technology. This multi-bounce sole design allows the club to perform well from a variety of lies in both open and square positions. Other features include machined clubfaces with a rough surface and True Temper Dynamic Gold Spinner shafts, both of which help to increase spin.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Club Campestre: The Mexican Course That Survived The Cartels
- PGA Tour Confidential: What To Expect From Tiger in 2014
- Blair O'Neal: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Bubba: Why You Shouldn't Practice
- Old Tom Morris, New Style Icon?
- Holly Sonders: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Natalie Gulbis: Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- PGA Tour Power Tip: Use Your Hips Like Harris English
- Anna Rawson: The Most Beautiful Women in Golf
- Who's The Best Player Right Now?
- Better By Saturday: Lou Guzzi's Chopping Wood Drill
- How To Add Freedom To Your Swing For Better Ball-Striking