From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 12-handicappers or higher
Price: $699, steel (5-PW); $699, graphite (5-PW)
The company’s first iron offering boasts the same face-insert material (Carpenter 465 steel) used in its fairway woods and hybrids to generate faster ball speeds and less spin. The wide sole has a 28-gram tungsten weight to lower the center of gravity for a higher, easier launch. Recessed heel and toe areas in the sole (similar to Bobby Jones wedges) should prevent the club from “grabbing” in uneven lies and help players with sweeping swings to strike the ball more solidly.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Play Like The Pros: Here's How To Take A Low Round To The House
- Deep Thoughts: Chris Kirk on Guts and Guitars