From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 12-handicappers or higher
Price: $699, steel (5-PW); $699, graphite (5-PW)
The company’s first iron offering boasts the same face-insert material (Carpenter 465 steel) used in its fairway woods and hybrids to generate faster ball speeds and less spin. The wide sole has a 28-gram tungsten weight to lower the center of gravity for a higher, easier launch. Recessed heel and toe areas in the sole (similar to Bobby Jones wedges) should prevent the club from “grabbing” in uneven lies and help players with sweeping swings to strike the ball more solidly.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Ryder Task Force - Overkill?
- Confidential: Hall of Fame Criteria
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Renee Skidmore
- Check Out Cleveland's CG Black Driver
- Use the 'Belly Wedge' Like Sang-moon Bae
- Dave Pelz: Splash It Close With A Simple Swing
- Confidential: Will New Ryder Cup Task Force Help?
- Ask the Rules Guy: Standing Water Within Bunker?
- Pitch It High, Land It Soft
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Natalie Gulbis