From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 12-handicappers or higher
Price: $699, steel (5-PW); $699, graphite (5-PW)
The company’s first iron offering boasts the same face-insert material (Carpenter 465 steel) used in its fairway woods and hybrids to generate faster ball speeds and less spin. The wide sole has a 28-gram tungsten weight to lower the center of gravity for a higher, easier launch. Recessed heel and toe areas in the sole (similar to Bobby Jones wedges) should prevent the club from “grabbing” in uneven lies and help players with sweeping swings to strike the ball more solidly.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should the PGA Tour Allow Shorts?
- Ask the Rules Guy: The Prickly Contrarian
- A Stinger For the Rest of Us
- Deep Thoughts With Sergio Garcia
- Did Rory Win PGA, Or Did Phil And Rickie Lose It?
- Gary Van Sickle: Most Exciting PGA Championship Ever!
- Flyover: Valhalla Like You've Never Seen It Before