From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
Price: $399, graphite
Designed for: Better players
The nonadjustable, forged 450cc head has the largest "high-COR " area (0.800 COR or higher) of any Mizuno players’ driver. Three distinct face thicknesses—the center is thickest and the toe area is thinnest—generate faster ball speeds over a wider area of the face. The club sets up slightly open at address, and has a neutral to slight fade bias, to eliminate the dreaded hook. Two internal head weights (a 12-gram slug located low and rearward, and a 6-gram plug in the heel) contribute to lower spin rates and a penetrating, workable flight.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Confidential: Is Tiger's Scandal Still Looming Over Him?
- Confidential: Is Being Tiger's Coach the Best or Worst Job in Golf?
- Chris Como on Coaching Style and the Value of Instruction
- Was Hack Golf a Failure?
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver
- Rotate For Straighter Shots
- The Shop: Cleveland CG Black Irons
- Deep Thoughts: Brittany Lang on Her Idol and Greatest Accomplishments
- Help Wanted! Why Adam Scott's Caddie Will Have Golf's Best Gig
- Tour Confidential: Is Bubba More Popular Than Rickie?