From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
Price: $399, graphite
Designed for: Better players
The nonadjustable, forged 450cc head has the largest "high-COR " area (0.800 COR or higher) of any Mizuno players’ driver. Three distinct face thicknesses—the center is thickest and the toe area is thinnest—generate faster ball speeds over a wider area of the face. The club sets up slightly open at address, and has a neutral to slight fade bias, to eliminate the dreaded hook. Two internal head weights (a 12-gram slug located low and rearward, and a 6-gram plug in the heel) contribute to lower spin rates and a penetrating, workable flight.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Golf Media: What Does Fox Have in Store?
- Play Like the Pros: Conquering the Long, Scary Par 3
- Rules: Ball Pops Out When Flag Is Removed
- Confidential: Is Being Tiger's Coach the Best or Worst Job in Golf?
- Gary Player: What Every Great Putter Agrees On
- Derek Ernst on His Favorite Courses and Prized Possessions
- Confidential: Is Tiger's Scandal Still Looming Over Him?
- Chris Como on Coaching Style and the Value of Instruction
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver