From GOLF Magazine (August, 2012)
Price: $399, graphite
Designed for: Better players
The nonadjustable, forged 450cc head has the largest "high-COR " area (0.800 COR or higher) of any Mizuno players’ driver. Three distinct face thicknesses—the center is thickest and the toe area is thinnest—generate faster ball speeds over a wider area of the face. The club sets up slightly open at address, and has a neutral to slight fade bias, to eliminate the dreaded hook. Two internal head weights (a 12-gram slug located low and rearward, and a 6-gram plug in the heel) contribute to lower spin rates and a penetrating, workable flight.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Tour Confidential: Should Tiger Play Bay Hill or Wait for the Masters?
- Deep Thoughts With WGC-Cadillac Champion Patrick Reed
- Tumble Like Rory to Knock Your Fairway Woods Pin High
- 'In Conversation With': Richard Kind and David Morse on Acting and Golf
- Learn Walker's 'Spider-Man' Move
- Tour Confidential: Match Play Event In Trouble?
- 'In Conversation With' Preview: Richard Kind and David Morse
- Tour Confidential: Why 'Caddyshack' Endures
- Deep Thoughts With Jason Day
- Johnny Miller: 3 Tour Trends That Need To End Now!