From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 5- to 18-handicappers
Price: $799, steel (4-GW); $999, graphite (4-GW)
These forged game-improvement sticks retain some features from the Idea Black CB2—8620 carbon steel construction and plated black PVD finish—but get an upgrade in forgiveness. Wider-sole long irons (4-6) and a deeper, larger cavity increase the club’s perimeter weighting. More heel relief in the sole of the short irons makes the clubs easier to maneuver and control in difficult lies. The shaft lengths vary by 5/8" per club throughout the set, rather than the typical 1/2” spacing.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Was Hack Golf a Failure?
- The Shop: TaylorMade R15 Driver
- Rotate For Straighter Shots
- The Shop: Cleveland CG Black Irons
- Deep Thoughts: Brittany Lang on Her Idol and Greatest Accomplishments
- Help Wanted! Why Adam Scott's Caddie Will Have Golf's Best Gig
- Tour Confidential: Is Bubba More Popular Than Rickie?