From GOLF Magazine (July, 2012)
Designed for: 5- to 18-handicappers
Price: $799, steel (4-GW); $999, graphite (4-GW)
These forged game-improvement sticks retain some features from the Idea Black CB2—8620 carbon steel construction and plated black PVD finish—but get an upgrade in forgiveness. Wider-sole long irons (4-6) and a deeper, larger cavity increase the club’s perimeter weighting. More heel relief in the sole of the short irons makes the clubs easier to maneuver and control in difficult lies. The shaft lengths vary by 5/8" per club throughout the set, rather than the typical 1/2” spacing.
Find The Clubs For YouGolf.com has teamed up with GolfTEC and Golfsmith to offer you several custom-fitting options in your area.
Videos More Videos
- Peter Kostis: Two Tips for Solid Iron Shots
- Confidential: Best & Worst Ryder Cup Pairings
- Make Better Putts By Using Billy Horschel's Grip
- Confidential: Ryder Cup vs. Masters
- Hot Tip From a Hot Golfer: Christy Yun
- Confidential: Who Should Be the U.S. Ryder Cup Team's New 'Mascot'?
- Two Tips to Change Direction Like Billy Horschel
- Alan Shipnuck: Why Team USA Will Win 2014 Ryder Cup