Torrey Pines South
• The South Course has hosted the PGA Tour since 1968, but gains major kudos in 2008 by staging the U.S. Open.
The Lodge at Torrey Pines
• The Signature Package includes one night's Signature accommodations and one round of golf on Torrey Pines with cart, plus complimentary hotel parking. Rates start at $599 per night. 848-453-4420, lodgetorreypines.com
Pinehurst No. 2
• Donald Ross' masterpiece has hosted two U.S. Opens, a PGA Championship and a Ryder Cup.
The Carolina Hotel at Pinehurst Resort
• The Donald Ross Package includes one round of golf per day on any of eight courses (upgrade to No. 2 for $150), a sleeve of balls, resort accommodations, breakfasts and dinners. Rates start at $341 per person, per night, based on double occupancy and a two-night minimum stay. 800-487-4653, pinehurst.com
THE PLAYERS Stadium Course-TPC Sawgrass
• Pete Dye's original stadium-style layout is in its best shape ever, playing as firm and fast as the architect intended. Dad will relish the infamous par-3 17th.
Sawgrass Marriott Resort
• THE PLAYERS Stadium Course Stay & Play Package consists of one night's lodging and one round on the Stadium Course or the Valley Course, breakfast, forecaddie, and a commemorative gift. Rates start at $290 per person, per night. 904-285-7777, sawgrassmarriott.com
Pebble Beach Golf Links
• If you need us to tell you about Pebble Beach, then you and your dad need to talk more. This is the course he needs to play at least once.
The Lodge at Pebble Beach
• The Ultimate Stay & Play Package provides for three nights at the Lodge at Pebble Beach and one round each at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill and Spanish Bay. Rates start at $3,210 per person. 800- 654-9300, pebblebeach.com