1. Which program did CBS air immediately before its Masters coverage on Sunday?
A. “Tiger Woods: Son, Hero, Champion”
B. Coca-Cola Atlanta 500
C. “Run for the Roses: The Seattle Slew Story”
2. Corey Pavin had the tallest caddie for Wednesday’s par-3 contest. Who was he?
A. Randy Johnson, Seattle Mariners
B. Dennis Rodman, Chicago Bulls
C. Andre the Giant, pro wrestler
D. David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
3. What did Tiger Woods do the week before the Masters?
A. Aced the par-3 12th at Augusta National during a practice round
B. Made a cameo on “Friends”
C. Shot a 59 at Isleworth, his home course
D. All of the above
4. What caused CBS announcer Jim Nantz to be hospitalized on Wednesday of Masters week?
(He recovered in time to work the tournament.)
A. Hong Kong flu
C. Walking pneumonia
D. Gary McCord
5. Which Masters record did Tiger Woods break?
A. Largest 54-hole lead (nine shots)
B. Youngest champion (21)
C. Most under par on back nine (16 under)
D. Lowest final 54 holes (16-under 200)
E. All of the above
6. Finish this prescient statement made by CBS analyst Peter Kostis: “It is unlikely they’ll grow rough here at the Masters, but if that were to happen …”
A. “… Bobby Jones might come back from the grave with a lawn mower.”
B. “… it would be Tiger Woods’s game to cause it.”
C. “… Billy Casper and the other older past champions might not break 100.”
D. “… Phil Mickelson can kiss a green jacket goodbye.”
7. Who showed up in Tiger’s gallery during the third round but couldn’t see over the crowd? (He was allowed on a CBS camera tower so he could watch Woods play the 7th hole.)
A. Ray Romano
B. Jimmy Carter
C. Jack Nicholson
D. Colin Powell
8. Which of these did not happen during the ’97 Masters?
A. Jack Nicklaus shot a 32 on the back nine on Friday to make the cut.
B. Ben Crenshaw took an 11 on number 15, tying the record for the highest score ever made on the hole.
C. On the 18th hole first-round leader John Huston holed a five-iron shot-from the 10th fairway-for an eagle 2.
D. On his first nine Tiger lipped out a putt for a 29 on the number 9 green.
“9. Who won the par-3 contest with a score of 22 and said, “It took me 15 damn years to shoot par on this thing. It’s really a tough little course.”?
A. Sandy Lyle
B. Hal Sutton
C. Jerry Pate
D. Gary Player
10. Which golfer told his fiancee when he proposed that they’d get married the week of the ’97 Masters unless he got an invitation-whereupon he qualified and postponed the nuptials?
A. Bob Eastwood
B. Lee Westwood
C. Willie Wood
D. Tiger Woods
Continue to next page for answers.
1 – A
2 – D
3 – C
4 – B
5 – E
6 – B
7 – C
8 – D
9 – A
10 – B