2. Martin Kaymer. First he wins the Race to Dubai, now he’s caddying for his girlfriend at LET Q School. Dude is player of the year and boyfriend of the year.
3. LPGA Tour Championship. All that’s at stake this week is player of the year, No. 1 in the world ranking and the money list and scoring titles.
4. Cadillac. The old-school carmaker is the new sponsor of the WGCs. It’s nice to see Detroit back in the golf business. And there are some fun promotional opportunities: the winner at Doral gets a black Escalade, slightly dented and missing the passenger windows.
5. American golf fans. Fresh off a victory in Dubai, Robert Karlsson is preparing to join the PGA Tour for the first time. If you thought Jesper Parnevik was a nutty Swede …
1. Ian Poulter. The playoff penalty was bad luck. What really stings is the new nickname Westwood has hung on him via Twitter: “Sparrow Legs.”
2. Michelle Wie. She W/D’d from the Tour Championship due to a balky back, the latest in a long line of injuries. She has the talent to be No. 1, but will her body hold up?
3. Captain Fred Couples. He has announced he’s bringing back Michael Jordan to serve as an assistant captain for the 2011 Presidents Cup. Thereby taking jock-sniffing to a whole new level.
4. Tiger Woods. “Law and Order” is using his scandal for plot points and execs at EA Sports are doing some sabre-rattling about how Woods needs to start winning to keep his video game relevant. But don’t worry, Tiger, when you prevail at the Masters everyone will be lining up again to kiss the ring.
5. Golf.com readers. This is the last Hot List of ’10. How will you ever survive December without me?