1. The U.S. Open. We've waited 32 years to get back to Merion. It's finally here.
2. Inbee Park. In a word: baller.
3. Phil. He's peaking just in time to get his heart broken yet again at the Open.
4. Harris English. So you wanna be a successful pro golfer? It's easy — just move to Sea Island!
5. David Frost. He dusted Fred Couples on Sunday to win the Tradition, his first major championship victory on the Senior tour. And if you already knew the Tradition was a major, you watch waaaay too much Golf Channel.
1. Andrea. This little minx is messing up the Open. A baked-out Merion would be thrilling. A rain-softened, receptive Merion is an entirely different tournament.
2. Morgan Pressel. She was in control of the LPGA Championship for much of Sunday but came home in 40 to fall one stroke short. This is what's great about a 36-hole finale — it pushes players to the breaking point mentally and physically.
3. Shawn Stefani. The 31-year-old rookie was battling for a breakthrough victory but on Sunday played the first 15 holes in seven over par. On the bright side, at least he didn't have Duffy Waldorf's swamp ass.
4. Stacy Lewis. She didn't break 70 at the LPGA Championship and was a non-factor en route to finishing 28th. Remember when Lewis was No. 1? Neither does Inbee.
5. The USGA. It may take the decimation of a classic golf course for the blue coats to finally realize that for the pros, distance has gotten out of control. Of course, the rest of us knew that decades ago.