1. Ernie Els. A few years ago he looked like he was done. No, Easy is a force again. Don't look now but he had a top-5 at Merion and now another win, just as the Open is set to return to Muirfield, where he has already snagged a claret jug. This comeback just keeps coming.
2. Inbee Park. She's no longer the hottest golfer on the LPGA tour — she's now the hottest golfer on the planet.
3. Ken Duke. How can you not love this story? Golf is the only sport in which an athlete can begin peaking in their mid-40s.
4. Justin Rose. Not only did he honor his commitment to play in Hartford but the new U.S. Open champ showed a ton of professionalism and pride en route to a solid 13th place finish. I hope he gets some rest because Muirfield and Oak Hill are both great ballparks for this cat.
5. Lydia Ko. Ho hum, she played the final 46 holes without a bogey en route to a T4 in Arkansas. So what did you do on your summer vacation at 16?
1. Bubba. Not only did he kick away a chance at victory with a triple on the 70th hole, he then petulantly lit up his caddie on national TV. One faux pas is more forgivable than the other.
2. Dustin Johnson. His Twitter feed has never really sounded like him, which should come as no surprise since he just admitted," I don't even read mine hardly." A more relevant question is, has he seen Paulina's Instagram?!
3. Fred Couples. He bogeyed the 72nd hole to let Craig Stadler steal a Senior tour victory, giving Freddy five top-4 finishes this year without a win. Of course, I'm probably more perturbed about it than Couples is.
4. Vijay. The PGA Tour has filed a motion to dismiss the silliest lawsuit in golf history. "This case is about bullying and we are trying to prevent the bully from bullying," Singh's lawyer told Golfchannel.com. Shouldn't Vijay just send Finchem a card saying thanks for not suspending me and be done with it?
5. Paddy Harrington. The most mental guy on Tour — and I say that affectionately — was in the mix in Hartford after opening 66-66 … and then he closed 72-80. Mark it down: someday Padraig is going to cut off his ear with a 1-iron.