1. Sneds. Half man, half yellow lab, half amazing. When the best putter in the world becomes a reliable ballstriker and couples that to a bullet-proof self-belief, look out.
2. The West Coast swing. Tiger and Phil are back, Snedeker has arrived, and we've already peeped Kapalua, Torrey, Spy, MPCC and Pebble. Now comes maybe the best course of the bunch, Riv. Can we please just skip Florida and proceed directly to Augusta?
3. Lydia Ko. The 15 year old prodigy won her third pro tournament, in New Zealand. I'm all for taking things slow, but earth to Lydia: it's time to turn pro.
4. Rocco. Lost in amidst all his gum-flapping and twitchy mannerisms is the simple fact that Mediate has always been one of golf's preeminent ballstrikers. He can't singlehandedly save the Senior tour but he has instantly made it a little more interesting.
5. The LPGA. After a blockbuster off-season, the Hot List's favorite tour kicks off this week in Australia. Time to start deleting old episodes of "Amish Mafia" so there's space on the DVR.
1. Phil. It's fun to watch him shoot 28 under. It's more fun to watch his slapstick pratfalls when he's struggling.
2. Tiger's schedule. This will be the second straight week he skips a hallowed tournament that defined his youth. I thought he needed more reps.
3. Dustin Johnson. How do you not impress a potential father-in-law? By making eight bogies and two doubles while missing the cut in a pro-am format. Expect Paulina to start circling Rory any day now.
4. Junk Man. The other — Freddy Jacobson — missed out on the last spot in the Match Play bracket by .0002 World Ranking points. That boils down to basically one putt over the last 12 months.
5. Kate Upton. Her boyfriend was in the Pro-Am field but she was a no-show at Pebble. Doesn't she care about the morale of the golf press?