- Location: Doral, FL
- Rooms: 134
- Courses: Four
- Amenities: Three restaurants / spa / pool / fitness center / meeting and event space
- Also good for: Best for Buddies
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Year-round, but the weather in winter is often fabulous.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $255
- Golf experience: Four courses, including the Blue Monster, a former Tour stop and one of the toughest and most exciting courses around.
- Best non-golf amenity: The American Wagyu ribeye or a 28-day dry-aged Porterhouse steak, both served at BLT Prime overlooking the Blue Monster.
- While you're there: Pamper yourself with up to 100 different spa offerings, and spend some time to relax at the Royal Palm Pool oasis.
- Insider tip: Trump National Doral Miami offers memberships, including a full-golf membership that allows unlimited access to all courses at the resort.
The entire resort benefitted from much needed renovations in 2015, making the villa-style accommodations snazzier and the golf more interesting. Located in suburban Miami, Doral spans 800 acres and has all the trappings one would expect from a luxurious Trump-branded resort. The watery Blue Monster, a longtime staple on the PGA Tour, dates back to a Dick Wilson design from 1962 and still has plenty of bite thanks to a handful of revisions by Gil Hanse. The other three courses (Golden Palm, Red Tiger and Silver Fox) are not to be overlooked, as is the expansive Rick Smith Golf Performance Center. When you’re done with golf, head to the Royal Palm pool, which has 18 private cabanas and a 125-foot slide.