- Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Rooms: 493
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Five restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / beach club
- Also good for: Best for Buddies
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: For best course conditions, tee it up in late March and early April (right after the Players Championship).
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $575
- Golf experience: Play at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course, but don’t overlook the adjacent Valley Course, also by Pete Dye.
- Best non-golf amenity: The 20,000-square-foot spa.
- While you're there: The World Golf Hall of Fame is just 30 minutes south in St. Augustine.
- Insider tip: Guests have the exclusive opportunity to book a tee time up to a year in advance at TPC Sawgrass.
Yes, you will spend most of the round at the TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course anticipating the tee shot on the famed par-3 17th with its island green, where more than 120,000 balls find a watery grave every year. (Birdie it and then recreate Tiger’s first televised fist pump, which happened there during his 1994 U.S. Amateur win.) But there’s more than just that iconic hole. The tee shot on 18 is intimidating in its own right, as are the tightly mown chipping areas around many greens. With water on every hole, Dye’s Valley course, right next door, is also no pushover. The PGA Tour Performance Center, managed by GOLF Magazine Top 100 Teacher Todd Anderson, is a sleek facility with all the latest game-improvement technology. Hear behind-the-scenes TPC info and tournament history from storytellers who lead free tours through the 77,000-square-foot clubhouse. Or make the less than two-minute ride back to the Marriott and its spa, which provides a peaceful oasis from the hotel’s bustling central atrium.