- Location: Avon, CO
- Rooms: 180
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Six restaurants / spa / pool / outdoor actives
- Also good for: All-Around Excellence (#6)
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Summer for golf; winter for a luxury ski experience.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $391
- Golf experience: A highly-rated Greg Norman design at Red Sky GC.
- Best non-golf amenity: The ski-in, ski-out luxury and convenience of the nearby Beaver Creek Mountain.
- While you're there: A quick trip to Vail Village, the original upscale Colorado ski village.
- Insider tip: The resort’s Executive Chef hosts a personal farm-to-table family-style dinner every Wednesday night.
Luxury lodging in a natural Rocky Mountain setting has proven to be a winning combination at this five-star resort just outside Beaver Creek and Vail. There is no end of things to do here, but the main attraction in the winter months is world-class skiing at nearby Beaver Creek Mountain. When you’re done with the slopes for the day, treatments in the spa (featuring a stone-lined grotto) will help soothe sore muscles, while comfort food and campfires will get you ready for another session. Grab a nightcap in Buffalos gastropub. In the summer, the natural beauty of Bachelor Gulch takes over — be sure to take a guided nature walk. There are two offerings at the nearby Red Sky Golf Club available to Bachelor Gulch guests: a Greg Norman course that is regarded as one of his best designs and a second course by Tom Fazio. Both are long on views and challenge.