- Location: Cabo San Lucas
- Rooms: 100+
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Three restaurants / spa / Crystal Lagoon pool / hiking trails / fitness center
- Also good for: Best for Buddies (#5)
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Late May/early June or early December.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $500
- Golf experience: The Dunes, a seaside links designed by Davis Love III; El Cardonal, a resort layout by Tiger Woods (design debut).
- Best non-golf amenity: A 10-acre, man-made saltwater lagoon, perfect for sailing, swimming or hanging out in your own private cabana.
- While you're there: Satisfy your love of tamales and tequila at the Dunes course comfort stations.
- Insider tip: Play Dunes first. It’s the centerpiece of the golfing experience and a layout ranked in the Top 100 in the world.
More than any new Cabo resort, Diamante best maintains the luxury and exclusivity of Cabo’s Hollywood-rich past. No expense is spared in this lavish, private enclave. The amenities are rich, but none can match the marvel that are Diamante’s two oceanside courses. Davis Love III’s Dunes course — a thoughtful links layout that meanders through massive dunes next to the Pacific — is the brains. Tiger Woods’ El Cardonal is the beauty, with panoramic ocean views on almost every hole. On both, the mind boggles at how luxurious Cabo can be — and how a place like Diamante even exists.