- Location: Newport Beach, CA
- Rooms: 332
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Five restaurants / spa / pool / fitness center / beach experience / shopping
- Also good for: Best for Luxury
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Hey, it’s California. Year-round!
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $620
- Golf experience: Two Tom Fazio-designed masterpieces that often hug the Newport Beach coastline.
- Best non-golf amenity: The Coliseum Pool is the place to both see and be seen.
- While you're there: Crystal Cove Beach sits below the resort and features 3 miles of shoreline great for strolling, swimming and surfing.
- Insider tip: The spa’s Golfer’s Tune-Up Massage was created specifically to help golfers loosen up key areas of the body most impacted by the swing.
The opulent and sophisticated Mediterranean-style Resort at Pelican Hill oozes high class, with its limestone fireplaces and marble baths, private terraces, luxury cabanas, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The golf is equally as breathtaking, with not one but two Tom Fazio golf courses perched along the rugged coastline. The Ocean North Course stretches nearly 7,000 yards with several holes weaving their way along the cliff’s edge. The Ocean South Course features deep chasms and green complexes that look pretty from a distance but can be diabolical to navigate. The two 18s blend together beautifully, making it easy to play at least 36 holes in a day. And the views? Both courses have vistas that rival any coastal golf experience in California — yes, even those a few hours north on 17-Mile Drive.