- Location: Los Cabos, Mexico
- Rooms: 200+
- Courses: One
- Amenities: Spa / pool / beach club
- Also good for: Best for Luxury
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: November to May for less wind and to avoid hurricane season.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $370
- Golf experience: This coastal layout dazzles unlike any other Jack Nicklaus-designed track.
- Best non-golf amenity: The VIP Whale Watching Lounge in the Towers at Pacifica, where you can nibble on snacks and scope out the humpbacks.
- While you're there: Four comfort stations will sate your appetite, especially the Oasis, located above the 8th fairway.
- Insider tip: Grab an early-morning tee time to watch the fishing boats head out to sea.
Google images of the par-3 5th and par-4 6th holes at Quivira Golf Club, on the tip of the Baja Peninsula and 10 minutes from downtown Los Cabos, and you’ll see why this destination is worth the trip. Jack Nicklaus made the most of a dynamic cliff-top setting for those two holes, and then he routed the rest of his design through and over dunes, with every hole featuring a view of the Pacific Ocean. It’s a massive layout that’s almost too big to digest in just one round. The driving range and clubhouse are both on the beach, mere yards away from the crashing waves of the Pacific. For tee times, you must stay at one of the eight Pueblo Bonito all-inclusive resorts (there are four nearby: Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort & Spa and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Beach Resort) or the Montecristo Villas. Each. Each has its own charms, ranging from pristine beaches, to spas, to more residential-style living that is perfect for families or group trips.
Nicklaus Companies and GOLF.com are affiliates of 8AM Golf.