- Location: Ojai, CA
- Rooms: 303
- Courses: One
- Amenities: Four restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / equestrian activities
- Also good for: Best for Families
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Year-round; favor spring or late fall to avoid crowds.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $564
- Golf experience: Ojai CC, a 1923 George C. Thomas/Billy Bell design.
- Best non-golf amenity: A cozy, in-room fireplace. Not all rooms include one, so book wisely.
- While you're there: Check out the inn's beekeeping and honey-tasting experience.
- Insider tip: The Unlimited Golf Package includes daily lunch at Jimmy's Pub.
When you take your first steps onto the rustic, tranquil grounds of the Ojai Valley Inn, your stresses melt away. The 220-acre retreat, with Spanish Colonial mission-style architecture, transports you into a relaxed, Zen-like state. It’s a property that needs to be explored, with nooks and crannies and a multitude of serene areas to rest, reflect and take it all in. The rooms are opulent and sumptuously appointed, with deep soaking tubs and a fireplace. The onsite dining is fabulous as well. Jimmy’s Pub serves top-notch casual fare, while Olivella boasts a more refined menu and an extensive wine list. The spa, too, is well worth your time, with dozens of treatments and services on offer. At 6,292 yards, the on-site Ojai Country Club course won’t break you with its length, but the fun track does require strategic shot selections. Golf luminaries like Chi Chi Rodriguez and Al Geiberger won senior titles here. Originally designed by George C. Thomas and Billy Bell, Jay Morrish supplied a later renovation. Given Ojai’s spiritual vibe, it’s no coincidence that renowned mental-game consultant Dr. Joseph Parent collaborates with the resort to offer golf instruction and meditation sessions.