- Location: Palm Coast, FL
- Rooms: 300+
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Six restaurants / spa / tennis / pool / beach
- Also good for: Best for Families
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Early spring or late fall for perfect Florida sun.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $132
- Golf experience: Two courses designed by a pair of legends: Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson.
- Best non-golf amenity: Pools galore, for kids and adults.
- While you're there: Take a moment and relax on the beach, which is just a chip shot away from Jack’s Ocean Course.
- Insider tip: Bring your own quick morning eats and indulge at the restaurants for lunch and dinner.
The windy Ocean Course at Hammock Beach is a stiff test with forced carries, tightly mown collection areas and water lurking at every corner. But don’t sweat your score — the Jack Nicklaus design is still a blast to play with dreamy views and heroic shotmaking opportunities. It ranks 86th on GOLF’s most recent Top 100 Courses You Can Play list and wows with six holes that play alongside the ocean. Farther away from the Atlantic but not without its own obstacles is the Tom Watson-designed Conservatory Course, which is guarded by more than 120 bunkers and demands all of the shots in your arsenal. End your day with a post-round pit stop at the Atlantic Grille, which has a massive deck, scrumptious seafood and views looking over the beach and the 18th green at the Ocean Course. Hammock Beach is an ideal spot for families with beautifully appointed multi-bedroom villas that will make you feel at home — and yet so far from home.