- Location: Brewster, WA
- Rooms: 37
- Courses: One
- Amenities: The Inn at Gamble Sands / one restaurant / one golf course / fitness center / pool
- Also good for: Best for Buddies
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Summer months are longest and warmest — you’ll want to play as much golf as you can on this incredible course.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $149
- Golf experience: The Sands Course is a links-style stunner with fescue, firm playing surfaces, wide fairways and massive greens.
- Best non-golf amenity: The Danny Boy Bar & Grill and the 100,000-square-foot Cascade putting course (We know—it’s not a real non-golf amenity.)
- While you're there: The spectacular Columbia River is close by, as is a popular escapes for Seattle urbanites: Lake Chelan and Chelan Falls.
- Insider tip: Shots can fly two clubs further due to the thin, desert air.
You might think the “gamble” in Gamble Sands is whether you’re willing to make the long trek from wherever you’re coming from to pay a visit. Don’t sweat it — this is a bet that pays off every time. No question, Brewster is remote, but the wide-open Sands Course is consistently regarded as one of the best and most fun golf courses in Washington State. It will leave you giddy as your drives bound down David McLay Kidd’s firm, generous fairways; better yet, the contouring steers balls away from hazards and back toward the short stuff. Accomplished players will relish the opportunity to go low, while mid-to-high handicappers will appreciate not getting beat up. The quaint (and affordable) Inn at Gamble Sands will keep you grinning between rounds.