- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Rooms: 200+
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Four restaurants / spa / tennis / hiking / biking / meeting space
- Also good for: All-Around Excellence
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Spring or late fall.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $300
- Golf experience: Two championship courses that are among the best courses in the desert.
- Best non-golf amenity: The Four Seasons label says it all — expect the best of everything.
- While you're there: In February and March catch some spring training Cactus League baseball nearby.
- Insider tip: Dining options abound, but when it comes to ambiance, a modern vibe and ridiculously good food, go with Proof Canteen.
Your first thought when you stand on one of the tees at Troon North will be a logical one: How in the world did they weave these golf courses through this terrain? Well, they did, and it’s fantastic. Both courses, the Monument and the Pinnacle, are Tom Weiskopf/Jay Morrish gems that snowbirds line up to play. Fairways move and topple over rock outcroppings, which provide stunning views at every turn. Both courses present several risk-reward shots and a handful of forced carries. GOLF ranks the Pinnacle course as the best public course in the state and 25th-best in the U.S. and the Monument as No. 58 in the U.S.