- Location: Guancaste, Costa Rica
- Rooms: 100+
- Courses: One
- Amenities: Five restaurants / two beaches / spa / pool / adventures
- Also good for: Best for Luxury
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Late fall into winter and early spring.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $725
- Golf experience: A scenic Arnold Palmer design routed through forest. The views from the clubhouse are stunning and hills are…hilly.
- Best non-golf amenity: The private plunge pools and hammocks.
- While you're there: Go zip-lining.
- Insider tip: Skip the car rental. Let the Four Seasons get you there.
If you’re drawn to the notion of sleeping in a tropical rain forest (without the bugs, snakes and heat), Papagayo is for you. On a hillside perch overlooking the dreamy blues of the Pacific, you can indulge in spectacular Four Seasons hospitality in the midst of a vibrant rain forest. Your private balcony will serve up spectacular tree-lined scenery along with views of the Blanca or Virador Beach. Many rooms have private hammocks for an upscale rain-forest sleeping adventure. A seven-minute ride away is the Arnold Palmer designed par-72 course with dramatic elevation changes and huge rolling fairways. Watch out for the cheeky monkeys who might try to snatch your ball.