- Location: Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Rooms: 100+
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Two restaurants / spa / pool / beaches
- Also good for: Best for Luxury (#5)
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Late fall into winter and early spring.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $804
- Golf experience: Two classic Robert Trent Jones Sr. designs.
- Best non-golf amenity: The private plunge pool outside many rooms.
- While you're there: Take a trip to the walled city of Old San Juan with a local guide.
- Insider tip: An outdoor shower while listening to the pounding ocean surf is a divine experience.
An original Rockefeller resort when it opened in the ’50s, Dorado Beach partnered with Ritz-Carlton in 2018 to become the only Ritz-Carlton Reserve in the Western Hemisphere. The RTJ-designed tracks — Sugarcane and East — have long been the calling card for golf vacationers in Puerto Rico. The resort takes guest experiences to another level — an elite one. The food is exquisite, thanks to top chef Mario Pagan. And indicative of the resort’s one-of-a-kind offerings is the spa’s treehouse-like massage setting. Be sure to make time to see the five-bedroom Su Casa, an original, restored 1920s villa on the 50-acre property.