- Location: Ridgedale, MO
- Rooms: 302
- Courses: Two
- Amenities: Spa / pool / 12 restaurants / loads of outdoor pursuits
- Also good for: Best for Families (#1)
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Though it’s a year-round resort, go in the spring and early summer for the best weather.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $218
- Golf experience: Two 18-hole layouts, one par-3 nine-hole course, and a 13-hole, short course
- Best non-golf amenity: The Bass Pro Shops Shooting Academy is a dream for shooting enthusiasts.
- While you're there: Sample the riding, cruises, fishing—what else would you expect from the creator of Big Cedar Lodge and Bass Pro Shops.
- Insider tip: The Arnold Palmer Practice Facility is lots of fun—and only accessible to those who play Top of the Rock.
Big Cedar is a wilderness resort through and through, chockful of outdoor activities primed for any Bass Pro Shop or Cabela’s acolyte. Situated about 10 miles from Branson, the young resort has quickly become one of the country’s preeminent golf destinations. In addition to the courses and amenities that already carry such name associations as Nicklaus, Palmer, Watson, Player, Fazio, and Coore/Crenshaw, Tiger will join that illustrious group when his Payne’s Valley course opens in 2020. Also good for: Buddies