- Location: Nassau, The Bahamas
- Rooms: 2,300
- Courses: One
- Amenities: 22 restaurants / pools / spa / tennis / beach
- Also good for: All-Around Excellence
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Winter, with temperatures consistently in the mid-70s.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $600
- Golf experience: The Nicklaus-designed Royal Blue connects views of Lake Cunningham with the Atlantic.
- Best non-golf amenity: Did we mention the Atlantic Ocean? It’s right there at the edge of your suite.
- While you're there: Spend the day alternating between pool-side and the many swim-up bars.
- Insider tip: Tiger Woods and Justin Timberlake co-own a cigar bar here, named T-Squared.
The Baha Mar course, Royal Blue, is just across the road from this three-hotel mega-resort, keeping you close to home at all times, but also in your own golf oasis. Each nine is different, with the watery front pushing you out toward the Atlantic, and the back nine taking you inland, carving through native woods. If you don’t feel like packing your clubs, leave them at home. The club has a deep selection of clubs for hire from every major brand, which you can demo on the range before your round. But don’t let this visit be all golf. This resort is packed with wildlife and outdoor activities designed for families. Your clan can get up close and personal with flamingos, sea turtles or in the tropical bird-watching aviary. Thrill-seekers will also want to take the plunge of the faux cliff on the pool by the beach. You can’t go wrong with any of the trio of hotels — Rosewood, Grand Hyatt and SLS — but each has its own distinct character and amenities, so you can build a visit around your individual needs.
Nicklaus Design and GOLF.com are affiliates of 8AM Golf.