- Location: Nassau, The Bahamas
- Rooms: 100+
- Courses: One
- Amenities: Seven restaurants / spa & fitness center / equestrian / two pools / private beach
- Also good for: Best for Luxury (#6)
6 things you need to know
- Best time to go: Year-round; prioritize fall, winter and spring.
- Daily stay-and-plays start at: $2,500
- Golf experience: The Ernie Els-designed course combines the best of links and desert features with windswept dunes and water.
- Best non-golf amenity: The two pools, one featuring winding slides and another adult-only option that offers ultimate pampering.
- While you're there: Ogle the gorgeous (and expensive) yachts in Albany Marina. Maybe you'll even see Tiger's.
- Insider tip: A studio near the marina is where Justin Timberlake has been laying down tracks.
You might know Albany only as the host of Tiger Woods’s Hero World Challenge, but its primary role is to serve as a luxurious oceanside getaway. Owned by billionaire Joe Lewis, along with Woods, Ernie Els and Justin Timberlake, the gated 600-acre community opened in 2010. Most of the residential properties at Albany — from the colonial-style ocean-front villas to the super-slick apartments that overlook a yacht-filled marina — are available for rent on a nightly basis, making it a swank destination for those in the know. Els designed the par-72, 7,400-yard course, which offers a balance of windswept dunes, desert features and water hazards. Surrounding the course is a 400-yard driving range, a pristine short-game practice area, and a fully-equipped swing performance center. Dining options range from casual and poolside to gourmet and high-end. Private beaches, two pools (one for kids and another for adults), an equestrian center, luxurious spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and art gallery cement Albany’s oasis status. Don’t be surprised if you spot a celeb in the gym or relaxing poolside — it’s that kind of place.