PGA Tour up-and-comer Tony Finau has strength, length and power. Boost your own game by trying some of Finau’s favorite strengthening exercises by SKLZ. Images and exercises provided by SKLZ.
MINI BAND – LINEAR BENT LEG WALK
1. Loop one Mini Band just above your knees and one around your ankles.
2. Stand in a squat position with your feet hip width apart.
3. Walk forward with small steps as you drive your opposite elbow back with each step.
4. Continue for the full set.
COACHING TIP: Keep tension on the Mini Bands at all times with your knees pushed apart and over your toes.
FEEL IT: Working your hips and glutes.
MED BALL CHEST PASS – KNEELING
1. Get into a kneeling position, 3 to 4 feet in front of a wall, holding a med ball at chest level with your arms straight.
2. Bring the ball to your chest and then immediately throw it as hard as possible against the wall.
3. Catch the ball and immediately go into your next throw.
4. Continue for the remainder of the set.
COACHING TIP: Keep your chest up, knees slightly bent, and hips back.
FEEL IT: Working your entire body.
REACH AND ROLL (CORE WHEELS)
1. Stand against a wall with your arms straight above your head and your hands on the Core Wheels with your palms facing you.
2. Keeping one arm straight, roll one of the Core Wheels down the wall towards your chest by bending your elbow.
3. Roll the Core Wheel across your body extending your arm to the opposite side. Hold for 2 seconds.
4. Relax and return to the starting position.
5. Repeat the movement with the other arm.
6. Continue alternating to complete the set.
COACHING TIP: Exhale as you reach across your body.
FEEL IT: Stretching your upper back and shoulders.
BARREL ROLL – MID TO UPPER BACK
1. Lie faceup on the ground with a Barrel Roller under your mid back and your hands supporting your head.
2. Lift your butt off the ground so that your weight is supported by your feet and the Barrel Roller.
3. Roll from the middle of your back to your shoulders.
4. Spend more time rolling on any sore spots you find.
5. Continue for the remainder of the set.
COACHING TIP: Place as much weight on the Barrel Roller as you can tolerate.
FEEL IT: As if you were getting a deep massage.