How to make the energy-boosting protein balls PGA Tour pros (like Rickie) eat on the course
It’s hard to flag-hunt when your energy is flagging. Chef Michael Parker, who resigned from his country club gig to cook meals on the road for Tour players (including Brooks Koepka and Rickie Fowler) knows this well.
He prepped these protein balls for several pros at the 2019 PGA Championship. They’re loaded with energy-boosting ingredients. Chomp on one at the turn and another with five holes to play, and you’ll accelerate to the finish line. These treats are one of the many tricks Chef P. cooks up for the world’s best players. Here’s how you can make them.
What you need to make protein balls:
• 1 cup organic oats
• 3/4 cup organic ground flaxseed
• 1 cup creamy organic peanut butter
• 1/3 cup honey
• 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
• 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
How to make protein balls:
1. Place all of the ingredients into a bowl.
2. Stir them together. If the mixture proves too dry, add honey. If it’s too wet, add more oats.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls.
4. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.