Don't call it a comeback, at least not yet, but Tiger Woods teed it up this weekend.
Woods had previously been limited to just light chipping and putting as he recovers from back surgery on March 31, but in what Rosaforte hails as "great news for the world of golf," especially since both of the Tiger-less majors so far this year have suffered abysmal television ratings in his absence, Woods has since taken his rehab process to the next step.
"We should not read too much into this, as it relates to next week or the Open Championship," said Rosaforte. "Just because he's hitting balls does not mean that he's ready to be tournament competitive, however, obviously, this is tremendous news as it relates to the condition of his back and his overall health, the fact that he's out there taking full cuts."
In May, Golf Channel reported that Tiger Woods had targeted the British Open -- to be held at Royal Liverpool from July 17 -20 -- for his return to competitive golf, but Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, has said little more than that he "expect[s] it to be this summer."
"Tiger is continuing to progress each day," said Steinberg in an email to USA Today's Steve DiMeglio. "As he feels better and better, he extends his swing. That was the plan from day one and he is sticking to the plan."